'Samudra Biru' means 'Blue Ocean' and is one of the finest catamarans operating in the Mentawai Islands. With its superlight design and a draft of only 3 feet, this boat, powered by twin 420hp Cummins diesel engines, is one of the fastest surf vessels sailing these wave rich waters.
With a top speed of 15 knots, and an average cruising speed of 10-12 knots. Samudra Biru's catamaran hull design provides stability at sea and eliminates rock and roll at anchor.
Guests aboard Samudra Biru have a tactical advantage in being able to minimize travel time and maximize surfing time during the trip, enjoying surf at isolated remote and lesser known locations. Samudra Biru has a range of 1000nm and even with significant motoring around at its fastest speeds does not require refueling during trip throughout the Mentawais chain.
Samudra Biru is equipped with an array of safety and navigational equipment including GPS, radar, depth sounder and VHF radio. The “Biru” has a Satellite phone onboard and remains in constant communication with the Stateside partners for regular swell and wind updates provided by Surfline.com & Lola and Buoy Weather.com.
Samudra Biru offers accommodations for up to ten surfers and is fully air-conditioned and carpeted throughout her interior. Her large size and comfort assures you of getting killer surf while traveling in style.
- 10 sleeping berths including two double cabins.
- All berths have full seating headroom and windows to the outside.
- Main salon providing panoramic views with seating for everyone.
- Entertainment center provides a big flatscreen TV for DVD movie viewing and slideshows of the day’s surfing.
- Stereo for CD music and iPod compatible
- Complete refrigeration and freezer system for fresh food and beverage service .
- Shaded aft and forward decks.
- Rear deck includes; galley, and dining area, 2 bathrooms with fresh and salt showers and two fresh water showers on stern swim steps
- Two tenders! Including: a 15 ft. inflatable with 30 hp Yamaha outboard and a 12 ft. inflatable with 15 hp Yamaha outboard
Padang airport transfers, 11 nights onboard Samudra Biru, bottled water, hot drinks, sodas, 3 meals a day, and use of all Samudra Biru's onboard equipment and facilities: skin diving, fishing rods & reels, satellite TV, DVD home entertainment center and a loud stereo system. 5 BEERS per person per day (50 for the trip). 24 hour access to cold/hot drinks/snacks.
- Alcoholic beverages; onboard available @ modest, regional prices
- Visa fee for Indonesia (see Indonesia travel page for more info)
- Crew on board take photos with Canon digital camera with 400 lens then burn the shots on CD for $150pp.
2012 CHARTER COST: US$3,300 per surfer (May-September), US$2,800 (Oct-April)
2012 FULL BOAT COST: US$31,500 (May-September), US$26,500 (Oct-April) - Maximum 10 surfers
US$1,000 deposit required to guarantee individual bookings. US$7,500 deposit required to guarantee group bookings. Final payment due 90 days prior to sailing.
For more information or to make a booking email: firstname.lastname@example.org